PDA

View Full Version : You Are (Not) Alone

Betong Åsna
4 May 2008, 6:51 pm
New Eva movie! Selo spotted the release before me, which fills me with a strange feeling in my bellystomach!

Simply but, it's like an updated version of Death and Rebirth. No new story, all new animation. To be honest ... I think it loses something - some of its raw power - now that it's so much more computerized.

Can't really judge this Rebuild of Evangelion project until all 3 films are out, though. Looking forward to the others!

Sakurazaki
4 May 2008, 10:34 pm
lol Saw this in theater when it came out. :P It was ok. I didn't really get around to watching the whole series. >.>'

Betong Åsna
5 May 2008, 7:16 pm
You really wouldn't get the film without seeing the series first. Do you know when the next one's expected out?

Also, shame on you! Go and watch the series properly!

Sakurazaki
6 May 2008, 6:28 am
I watched all the way up to episode 19 though lol and read the manga. And there is no date as of yet of when 2.0-Division will be released.

hinarei
7 May 2008, 2:30 am
Rebuild? I must say I'm well out of the loop on this one...

So what, they're remastering the old movies and giving them new names in the hope that fans of the awful 'movies'/rehashes go out and buy them?

Betong Åsna
7 May 2008, 3:42 am
Not quite.

The first 1 and a half or so of the 3 films are a remake in modern CG. The other one and a half are new storyline, but we'll have to wait for that.

wålf-kun
7 May 2008, 10:28 am
so - is it worth seeing? I'm quite the Eva fan, and I've seen the older movies, but not the new ones yet...

Betong Åsna
7 May 2008, 6:18 pm
Oh yeh, it's worth seeing if you're a fan. Just don't expect anything new as yet, other than nice graphics.

Too much emphasis on the mechs with the nice CG, in my opinion though.

Satellizer
8 Aug 2008, 10:23 pm
Not so much all CG, just a bit, plus they refined the animation (made it crisper and a lot more smooth). Changed some elements a bit, took some stuff out, put some in, etc.]

Love Ramiel in this, though. So F'ing epic, plus the operation looks way better.

Zexion_twin_blade_keeper
31 Jul 2009, 6:52 pm
Hmmm...You are (Not) Alone Is a remake of Death and Rebirth.
Where did you get that idea?
Its a remake of the first 6 episodes.
And Heres the link to Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 You are (Not)Alone.
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone - English Subs | Free Anime Videos - Watch Anime Videos Online | Veoh (http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/anime/watch/v18063203j26YWEwd)

And heres the link for Rebuild of evangelion 2.0 You can (Not) Advance. Its a cam rip but its the full movie.
ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:破 | Free Anime Videos - Watch Anime Videos Online | Veoh (http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/anime/watch/v18800164PtHedA95)

Both are great i cant wait till Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 Comes out.

Dcmac
15 Jul 2010, 4:20 am
I just recently bought You Are (Not) Alone 1.11 on blu-ray. It really is stunning in quality and the new visuals are such eyecandy. It's pretty much a barebones remake with a few new scenes so far and I'm really enjoying it. I can't wait until the 2.22 blu-ray is released in Canada!

urashima_keitarou
15 Jul 2010, 4:35 am
hey....it's sound like the saosin's song