PDA

View Full Version : Japanese pen pals

Hellkite
27 Aug 2008, 9:19 am
Hello!

anyone here interested in real japanese pen pals? both, male and female. i just ask. because i know some links, and wanted to know, if lots are interested, because then, it is worthy posting all the links i know here. i know some, and they are for free and pretty good. for snail mails, e-mail. :)

so, anyone interested? :D

also korean. :)

Rasberry
27 Aug 2008, 10:21 am
is this just e-mail variety.... or the postal variety too?

Grey Fox
27 Aug 2008, 2:23 pm
Not interested ;P

I have Japanese Pen Pals who i met first THEN exchanged E-mails with.
Also Chinese students who i met, mainly around Beijing.

MetalLark
27 Aug 2008, 4:45 pm
J-Japernese Girls. o_0 S-sign me UP!!! :nana:

Hellkite
28 Aug 2008, 7:16 am
is this just e-mail variety.... or the postal variety too?

both! postal and e-mail. as i said. snail mail means postal mail. so, i give you some links now:

japan-guide.com forum - Japan - Friends (http://www.japan-guide.com/local/jp/?aCAT=2)

Penpals from Japan : penfriends for kids, students, teachers - Students of the World (http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/penpals/penpal_ads.php?Pays_Choisi=JAP)

JapanForum.com - Japan Forum Japanese pop culture anime and life. (http://www.japanforum.com/)

InterPals Penpals : Log in (http://www.interpals.net/account.php)

all pages are free. at some you must register. but thats no problem. they are really for free. and good! the one forum, is also good. there is a person named loveskyliemole. she makes a pen pals activity with her pupils. kids aged from 4-12. if you are interested, contact her too. her name is mayumi. she is a bit busy, so please be patient for her reply. ottherwise, you can read a lot of useful information in this forum about japan. if you have any questions about any of those pages, feel free to ask me. :)

Grey Fox
28 Aug 2008, 8:38 am
And I also exchange mails with people my own age ;P

Hyuga Neji
29 Aug 2008, 10:41 am
meh, i want to meet a japanese person, but i think in real life, not on the internet. more personal.

Grey Fox
29 Aug 2008, 11:27 am
duh

Hyuga Neji
29 Aug 2008, 11:39 am
duh

well, the thing is, i only know 1 asian person, and thats my brothers girlfriend. and shes chinese. dont know where i would meet a japanese person.

Hellkite
30 Aug 2008, 4:28 am
well, the thing is, i only know 1 asian person, and thats my brothers girlfriend. and shes chinese. dont know where i would meet a japanese person.

well, just be patient, and wait. i am sure, you will meet japanese once in real life. because, on this page, you can manage doing this. i also found my love Ai on one of this pages. and she wantsto visit me this december or jannuary and stay for 4 months or so. just try, and give your best! :)

Grey Fox
30 Aug 2008, 5:10 am
You make speaking to someone of Japanese descent sound like trying to capture an 8 headed snake. ;P

Hyuga Neji
30 Aug 2008, 8:27 am
well, have you tryed catching an 8 headed snake. its surprisingly easy. oh well, guess i will wait a year, till i start taking japanese at college.

Ebenezer Shittingway
30 Aug 2008, 10:57 am
dont know where i would meet a japanese person.

Japan maybe?

momoyome
30 Aug 2008, 11:41 am

Helllo Kitty store.

Hyuga Neji
30 Aug 2008, 1:20 pm
i dont know where i could find a hello kitty store, and i want to go to japan soon. i tryed the 2nd website, and i actualy got a responce. its freaky, she is like the japanese and female version of me.

momoyome
30 Aug 2008, 1:43 pm
Sanrio.com Store Locator (http://sanrio.findlocation.com/)

lol google is your friend.

and sure. believable.

Hyuga Neji
31 Aug 2008, 2:22 pm
yay. i actualy got a responce from her. i wasnt expecting to. she said thanks and we should kepp talking. now i have an E-mail pen pal. Oh, and i tryed the hello kitty locator thing, but i live in the U.K.

momoyome
31 Aug 2008, 2:58 pm
Sanrio Europe - Official Hello Kitty Website for Europe (http://www.sanrioeurope.com/find-shops.asp)

Hyuga Neji
31 Aug 2008, 3:04 pm
Well, I checked, and there are a few stores around, but if i go in there, i will look wierd. a 15 year old boy in a hello kitty store.

Grey Fox
31 Aug 2008, 4:03 pm
Go next year to qualify as a twink ;P

momoyome
31 Aug 2008, 4:38 pm
Well, I checked, and there are a few stores around, but if i go in there, i will look wierd. a 15 year old boy in a hello kitty store.

Who cares about what people think of you. It's not like you'll really see those people again. I'm sure you could borrow someone's sister and go.

Hyuga Neji
31 Aug 2008, 4:44 pm
only 1 of my friends has a sister, and its like an hour drive to the shop. meh, maybie if i was older. or next time i got to the city in which it is in, i will take my younger brother. im sure he likes hello kitty.

momoyome
31 Aug 2008, 4:51 pm
Everyone loves hello kitty, she's so flipping adorable. I don't know why asian girls love sanrio, but they do. I love going into the sanrio store where i live because the girls that work their have japanese music on and I've discovered some new artist by asking them. I've also had some pretty cool conversations with them about ayumi hamasaki.

Hellkite
3 Sep 2008, 12:01 pm
has already someone found a pen pal? if so, you can talk here about your experience. :)

Grey Fox
3 Sep 2008, 1:00 pm
Everyone loves hello kitty, she's so flipping adorable. I don't know why asian girls love sanrio, but they do. I love going into the sanrio store where i live because the girls that work their have japanese music on and I've discovered some new artist by asking them. I've also had some pretty cool conversations with them about ayumi hamasaki.

Gametrailers.com - Hello Kitty Online - Debut Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39442.html)

^ the number of downloads on this trailer prove Momo right >_<

Hyuga Neji
3 Sep 2008, 1:04 pm
i have a pen pall from the interwebs. not much to talk about. shes just asks stuff like "do you Read this manga. its realy good." and "why do you like living in england" and "what cultural stuff is there to do there."

Hellkite
3 Sep 2008, 2:32 pm
i have a pen pall from the interwebs. not much to talk about. shes just asks stuff like "do you Read this manga. its realy good." and "why do you like living in england" and "what cultural stuff is there to do there."

yes, they are really greedy for knowledge! thats funny! just be nice to them, and not rude. and do not ask them for a relationship or so lol. just be nice, and talk a lot with her. they like this! hahaha. :)

Hyuga Neji
3 Sep 2008, 2:48 pm
yeh, but I don't like living in England, And I don't no anything about culture! Ahhh. I thought this would be easy!

CBHans1
3 Sep 2008, 2:56 pm
I've already got a couple from Japan and Korea, its quite nice actually, they're teaching me Japanese ^__^;

Grey Fox
3 Sep 2008, 3:12 pm
yeh, but I don't like living in England, And I don't no anything about culture! Ahhh. I thought this would be easy!

Then ask some questions of your own.

Hyuga Neji
3 Sep 2008, 6:35 pm
I can't think of any questions to ask her. It's only the 4th day. Will start asking around the 6th to 7th day.
Meh. Today we just talked about naruto.

Hellkite
4 Sep 2008, 9:45 am
aha. you see, it works out. i am sure they are very nice, and sweet. hahaha. they are just very curious, which is nice. and really talk a lot! :D

Hyuga Neji
4 Sep 2008, 10:04 am
"they". you make it sound like japanese people are aliens.

Hellkite
4 Sep 2008, 3:32 pm
"they". you make it sound like japanese people are aliens.

No! Hahaha. I just mean all pen pals of this page in common. Also korean and so on. And i just mean that they all are evry nice, different from europe and america. Thats very cool, interesting, nice and lovely also sometimes. Cause, over this way, i got to know Ai :D

Grey Fox
4 Sep 2008, 4:45 pm
By the looks of it only neji has actually met his pen pal via this thread actually...

Hyuga Neji
4 Sep 2008, 6:13 pm
yeh, am I the only one? Anyone else met someone. My penpall is kinda loosing interest. She doesn't say much. Or very often. May try to get another one. This time the same age as me. My current one turns 17 in may.

Hellkite
5 Sep 2008, 9:20 am
yeh, am I the only one? Anyone else met someone. My penpall is kinda loosing interest. She doesn't say much. Or very often. May try to get another one. This time the same age as me. My current one turns 17 in may.

Well, try to keep in touch with her! Maybe, she is just busy because of exams. Be patient, and mail her a list of questions you wanna know, and then, also tell her about your life a lot, and where you live, and your future plans. Thats funny :D

Shinobu Angel
5 Sep 2008, 7:25 pm
I had a 15 year old Japanese girl from Aomori (who was a penpal with my stepbrother) stay at my father's house. I met her, and she was very sweet and tried very hard with English (she came to study). Her name was Nako. She made me an origami crane, too, which I still have. :)

Godess Naru
6 Sep 2008, 2:31 am
maybe, you are surprised to see me here. i just really can recommand the pages Hellkite told you. they are very good. and the girls there are very sweet, and as like as Hellkite described them. :)

Shinno
6 Sep 2008, 4:00 am
Is it fun? :P I mean to have a pen pal? *smirks* If it is I'll try it. Hehe

Hellkite
6 Sep 2008, 4:43 am
Is it fun? :P I mean to have a pen pal? *smirks* If it is I'll try it. Hehe

You must try my dear! It is great! And very very funny!!!! It is a wonderful experience, also to exchange snail mail letters (postal letters) :D

CBHans1
7 Sep 2008, 3:24 am
Its really funny ^^ but if you register like I did, you'll get like 10 ppl teaching you japanese at the same time, its a lot of emails to reply but you learn though... ugh~ ><

I also got tons of emails from africans who couldnt speak japanese, hardly english.... I think they misunderstood, because they went like "when u go to Ghana/south africa u have to now the turist attractions" ugh~...

Hellkite
7 Sep 2008, 4:08 am
yes, just do not reply to those you do not like to talk with. they leave you then. :D
and yea, i get over 50 mails a day. hahahaha. thats a lot of fun. and everyday 1 or 2 snail mails. thats very cool! hahahaha. do you also already snail mail? and, how old are your pen pals? mine from 15-26. :P hahahaha :D

Grey Fox
7 Sep 2008, 7:36 am
Very laughy aren't you?

I just prefer to talk with one or two people really, though it can take a while between E-mails with my pen pals. mainly because they're mostly wealthy private school students who spend the better part of the day studying.

Godess Naru
11 Sep 2008, 11:49 am
hihihihi. japanese and korean really want to study a lot to get a good job. please, understand this, and forgive them. :)