PDA

View Full Version : Otaku demand rights to marry 2d Characters

29 Oct 2008, 3:07 pm
Well, as the title said, apparently some people want it to be legal to marry anime characters O_O. Sad people these days :o

Otaku Demand Right to Wed 2D Characters | Sankaku Complex (http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/10/29/otaku-demand-right-to-wed-2d-characters/)

Ryo Misaki
29 Oct 2008, 3:34 pm
What the HELL?

"Right to wed 2D characters"? How is that even possible?

Folks, this is why there should be a THICK LINE between fantasy and reality.

...I cry for the future of the human race. -_-;;;

momoyome
29 Oct 2008, 3:37 pm
interesting. people are such losers it's sad.

HK-47
29 Oct 2008, 3:46 pm
What the HELL?

"Right to wed 2D characters"? How is that even possible?

Folks, this is why there should be a THICK LINE between fantasy and reality.

...I cry for the future of the human race. -_-;;;

This.
And emphasis on the "WHAT THE F*CK?" .... sorry about the swear word, but there is simply no better way to put it.
Seriously... thats just sick.

'Silas
29 Oct 2008, 4:10 pm
This reminds me of quite a while ago, where some guy was talking about how there are really no borderlines for what you can marry if you remove all the parts in it that makes it a man-woman relationship. Alas "Someone who loves each other" And well, if the guy wants to advocate that the loves that gal, and even more hilarious, with the support of the guy who had been married for 5 years :P

Your God
29 Oct 2008, 4:30 pm
That...just drained 95% of my energy. But I guess F**cktardedness can do that to anyone.

I say the government should let them. But only if the anime character approves, otherwise it's a shotgun wedding xD.

Incidentally I should probably point out a thread in the SSF:

http://www.animeb.com/forum/serious-stuff-forum/11377-japan-lazy-natives-10mill-immigrants.html

LonelyLittleAngel
29 Oct 2008, 4:40 pm
O_o WTF! Ok that man needs to get laid. That is distrubing.

Crimson
29 Oct 2008, 4:49 pm
if living in a 2D/3D world ever becomes reality, then sure whatever lol

but until then, WTF OMGLOL

and for the record, WHAT ABOUT POOR MIKURU'S FEELINS? :O

Orca Misaki II
29 Oct 2008, 5:35 pm
...HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH?!

Vhy vas I not inform't uff zis? ZERE SHALL BE BLOOD!

explodes.

Edit: No, seriously, this is just outright creepy...

These nerds need more gazoorninplats in their lives.

Yonathen
29 Oct 2008, 6:03 pm
Hmm...he is a Otaku God xD
Thank god that i'm not at that level :ara-ara: (yet :wtf:)

hinarei
29 Oct 2008, 6:17 pm
What's wrong with this? There's been a thread about this sort of thing on this forum for ages. Successful, too, so I can't say it's all that sad if most of the people who've posted in this topic so far decrying the OP subject posted in the other thread saying who they'd marry xD

http://www.animeb.com/forum/anime-manga/2319-if-you-could-marry-anime-character-who-would.html

29 Oct 2008, 6:19 pm
Thats for fun though, these people are serious and pushing it for it to happen in reality :p

Your God
29 Oct 2008, 6:21 pm
I agree.

Miroku
29 Oct 2008, 6:57 pm
I have two words for the idiot in the above news post:

Copyright Infringement :D

Can't marry someone if the marriage is only desired by one party. And since the character is already the intellectual property of some company.... well...

Nevermind the fact that the person is also an imaginary one to boot.

:rolleyes:

Kenji
29 Oct 2008, 7:32 pm
wat

Crimson
29 Oct 2008, 8:21 pm
you know, if this became legal, I wonder how many husbands Tifa would get?

Yonathen
29 Oct 2008, 8:28 pm
I wonder how many husbands Shinobu and Nodoka are going to get

Grey Fox
29 Oct 2008, 9:03 pm
You know you've gone too far, when even animeb thinks you're weird. ;P

Orca Misaki II
29 Oct 2008, 9:20 pm
you know, if this became legal, I wonder how many husbands Tifa would get?

Well, we'd see a spike in polygamy, that's for sure.

For Tifa...I would guess at least one thousand fanboys.

:THE CURSE OF A THOUSAND FANBOYS:

tainted violets
29 Oct 2008, 11:08 pm
That....is the worst idea I've ever heard. I can't imagine anyone being so obsessed that they;d want to marry a 2D fictional character. I mean seriously, they want to marry a freakin' drawing!

hinarei
30 Oct 2008, 3:07 am
Can't marry someone if the marriage is only desired by one party. And since the character is already the intellectual property of some company.... well...

So the character's already married to the company? Awwww... the characters work so hard! They need someone welcoming to come home to, surely? :su:

You know you've gone too far, when even animeb thinks you're weird. ;P

ur thread is wrong o_O

That....is the worst idea I've ever heard. I can't imagine anyone being so obsessed that they;d want to marry a 2D fictional character. I mean seriously, they want to marry a freakin' drawing!

Better hope whoever thinks this can work has got plenty of lead in their pencil. Going to need it xD

Katajainen
30 Oct 2008, 3:51 am
So the character's already married to the company?
No, no, no, no. You've got it all wrong.

From a legislative point of view, the copyright owner(s) represent(s) the parents of the character. And since a fictive character has no free will...

*Cough* I wonder how much Naoko Takeuchi and Kodansha are going to charge for the right to marry Usagi Tsukino. My presumption is that she can only have one real-life husband, so... Go figure. Big moniez we're talkin'.

hinarei
30 Oct 2008, 3:59 am
would that be an animony payment if you were to divorce? :su:

Kioswan
30 Oct 2008, 4:02 am
While love is all subjective; the major problem I find isn't that people actually want to marry a fictional character. It's the trouble that it would bring about by trying to claim rights to something that's basically a thought. Ideas are something that have values, but not ones that can be taken at the face, or immediately understood. This would probably cause all sorts of stupid problems, such as people claiming to be the original husband, or her being the real waifu. Once you convince people that ideas that have fairly unrestricted forms can be bought and paid for, there's really not much you can't sell to people. Really this is no different than charging someone for their political or social ideology. The only real difference is convincing the buyer that they have an actual say in the matter. Obviously in either cases, they never had a say to begin with.

tl;dr
IF I CAN BUY AN ANIME WAIFU I CAN BUY COMMUNISM TOO.

Katajainen
30 Oct 2008, 4:08 am
The only difference is, communism does not have a copyright owner.

In other words, no woman could buy the right to be Tarzan's wife (copyright expired). :P

Yonathen
30 Oct 2008, 6:06 am
You know, this thread has given us all a bad image of an uber-otaku.
And lol who wants to be Tarzan's wife xD

Kioswan
30 Oct 2008, 10:42 am
You know, this thread has given us all a bad image of an uber-otaku.
And lol who wants to be Tarzan's wife xD
Actually my image remains unchanged, sure this may seem a bit strange, but I know people who are a lot more unusual than this.

Nebuchadnezzar
1 Nov 2008, 1:26 am
...*speechless*...

*No longer speechless*

Really? Honestly humanity? Have you fallen this far?

1 Nov 2008, 3:47 am
I wouldnt say this is lower than people raping/murdering other humans :o, so its not a new low :P

Yonathen
1 Nov 2008, 5:48 am
xD no this is a new (almostlowbutnotlowenoughtobethereallowsoit'sevenl owerthantherapeandmurderkindathings) low

ShinNoNoir
1 Nov 2008, 7:45 am
This goes beyond the "get a reality check" response.. Seriously, some peeps need to see a shrink and get their head screwed back in. Wether it's games, animes or movies, fantasy is taking a little too much time in some peoples lives and that's sad. All i can say to these peeps..

:getwell:

MetalLark
5 Nov 2008, 4:25 pm
Thats just wiggidy wiggidy wack yo. :wtf:

tainted violets
5 Nov 2008, 9:38 pm
True dat, dawg :)

(Gangsta...I'm doin it rong)

Betong Åsna
8 Dec 2008, 7:02 am
Online petitions, eh? Gotta love 'em.