PDA

View Full Version : Pocky..love it? like it? hate it?

billgoku
27 Nov 2008, 8:29 pm
Simple topic to start off the new subforum with.

So as the title says, Pocky, want to hear your inner most thoughts on this wonderful or if you don't care for it, terrible creation that has been plaguing us for years apon years.

Favorite kind as well, if you enjoy it that is. :confused:

Prof.Nekko
27 Nov 2008, 9:45 pm
I love the pocky, a lot

Aoshi Shinomori
27 Nov 2008, 10:46 pm
Pocky is win...

28 Nov 2008, 12:58 am
I think its pretty overrated by anime watching people. It's alright, but its nothing extraordinary that you can't live without :p

JonasKP
28 Nov 2008, 2:28 am
They do taste great!
just... its cost me around $30 to get a batch of 10 T.T

Quicksilver
28 Nov 2008, 2:48 am
Pocky's pretty nice. :D

Favourite flavour's currently strawberry.

Silver
28 Nov 2008, 3:12 am
I tried it once. Wasn't bad.

Miroku
28 Nov 2008, 3:14 am
:lol:

The fact that anyone is spending $30 for a container of ten diabetic sticks is mindboggling.

I've never had it, so I have nothing else to relate on this. Anything to try fitting in, I guess. :rolleyes:

They don't seem that much different than the pirouettes I used to have with coffee.

Shinobu Angel
28 Nov 2008, 4:36 am
I love Pocky~ Strawberry is my fav.

Kenji
28 Nov 2008, 8:46 am
Its alright...nothing special though

momoyome
28 Nov 2008, 1:04 pm
I like pocky, I ate it a lot in china. my favorite flavor was Woolong pocky. It was wonderful. But, it's not something like "Zmog must have". Giant pocky is awesome, much better than those little sticks.

Yan Yans though, now those are some fine Japanese snacks, along with koala yummies!

Grey Fox
28 Nov 2008, 7:47 pm
I made a brigade, of course i love pocky, strawberry i like best, but anything that in strawberry is my favorite. ^_^

And i must say koala melon flavor is niiice.

Salem
30 Nov 2008, 11:17 pm
Ehh, they were alright.
But you can just get some sort of ice cream stick that tastes exactly the same for about four or five bucks less for five times more.

billgoku
1 Dec 2008, 7:18 am
Not sure what prices you guys are paying, but I pay 1.50 for mine here, and we live in an expensive area. O_o

hinarei
1 Dec 2008, 7:27 am
I made a brigade, of course i love pocky, strawberry i like best, but anything that in strawberry is my favorite. ^_^

And i must say koala melon flavor is niiice.

The Pocky Brigade rates this subforum and this thread :su:

They have Kaolla flavour pocky??? O_o WHERE??? :su:

I wish they'd stock Mikado round my way again... been ages since I've had any pocky >_<

Orca Misaki II
1 Dec 2008, 7:43 am
I've had pocky maybe twice in my life; the first time was back in the middle of 2006, and the second was maybe a month or so ago.

It's really nothing to write home about, and I certainly wouldn't buy them if they were over $1.50 US for a single pack.

As of yet, I do not have a favorite flavor.

billgoku
2 Dec 2008, 6:40 am
Most expensive pocky I've ever seen was the giant kind, huge suckers, think it sells for like 9.99$USD.

Dave Masaki
2 Dec 2008, 12:27 pm
There is a shop that sells food from asia right near my house and they sell pocky. They only sell strawberry and chocolate though but there are lots of other nice things too.

Grey Fox
2 Dec 2008, 1:10 pm
where about do you live anyway?

I'm sussex ;P

Betong Åsna
8 Dec 2008, 6:59 am
When it's the best and cheapest access to real chocolate you have, you start appreciating it.

Current favourites:
Fuyu Pocky
Dessert Pocky
Creamy Pocky

Dave Masaki
17 Dec 2008, 12:41 pm
where about do you live anyway?

I'm sussex ;P

Near Hertfordshire, I'm not sure exactly. I really should look it up sometime.

CBHans1
23 Dec 2008, 6:59 pm
they're alright.

Nebuchadnezzar
29 Dec 2008, 11:18 pm
It's pretty good. I've only had the strawberry flavored one. It's good, but not something to rave about. I have a relative who's an fellow anime fan and she's all, "OMG POCKY RULES!!!" I just kind of stare and wonder what she's been putting in it :P

It's good, I eat it and I enjoy it. I don't shove a whole box down my mouth in five minutes though :P

Relax
30 Dec 2008, 10:33 am
It's pretty good, I guess? I eat it from time to time. Had no idea that it's that expensive in other areas- I get mine for about 1.30 SGD here.

Aeon+
18 Apr 2009, 8:47 am
Pocky is just a so-so snack. Not really bad, but not that good too. I guess you could just make it as a side for coffee.

Chocolate pocky is and chocolate pocky with almonds are my favorite among the various flavors.

Hyuga Neji
18 Apr 2009, 8:58 am
Meh. First time I had it, I didn't like it. Second time I whent crazy, but I was allready hyper. Now, I don't realy care for it. Although there are a few shops near me that sell it, I only get it if I go to an anime convention. Makes it something special to have 2 times a year.

CalRhi
18 Apr 2009, 11:36 am
Pocky is good, but I want the chocolate mousse flavor someday.......*sigh*

Your God
18 Apr 2009, 12:46 pm
Believe it or not, I've been aware of Pocky longer than I've been aware of the anime community. At my house we tried using them as coffee stirrers. I found them pretty good. In fact they were pretty yummy. But now I find myself avoiding them solely because of the fact that so many Weeaboo seem attracted to them.

So I can either enjoy Anime or I can enjoy Pocky but I can't enjoy both...sometimes life just gives you these annoying little problems.

That being said, such a self governed rule does not hinder me from trying new things...I'm just only aloud to try them once.

Grey Fox
18 Apr 2009, 12:58 pm
I just accept that no matter what it is, at least on weaboo loves it to death so there's no avoiding it. Though i do think there's too many copies of pocky, i've seen at least 7.

randompanzy
18 Apr 2009, 2:19 pm
i <33333 pocky end of story :P

Hyuga Neji
19 Apr 2009, 5:11 am
i <33333 pocky end of story :P

Fire the weaboo canon!

ShinNoNoir
19 Apr 2009, 8:27 am
Love it of course (most flavors), how can you go wrong with chocolate and cookie.. :D

Chibiwolf
23 Apr 2009, 2:27 am
I don't mind pocky. Still dont know what my fave flavour is though. Also wanting to shove a box or two load of pocky into my mouth. Fun!

MetalLark
7 May 2009, 8:04 pm
Pocky is booooring. :P

asunafox
17 Jun 2009, 7:15 pm
I go to my local Asian Market all the time to get Pocky, I like strawberry flavor! Yay!

http://i11.tinypic.com/4trlkas.jpg

Shinobu Angel
17 Jun 2009, 10:30 pm
I've only tried it once, but the strawberry kind is good. O:

hinarei
18 Jun 2009, 2:24 am
I have found a shop selling Mikado, now, which is a differently branded Pocky made over here, I think. My Pocky needs are sated without having to go to JBox! :su:

☼Pepe☼
18 Jun 2009, 3:59 am
I honestly think they're too expensive :o (In my country at least)

I could get better quality chocolate-covered.... wheat sticks for half the price xD

I have to say though, once I do get my hands on a box, well, they're pretty damn addictive... I eat 'em one after another :lol:

Also, anyone ever hear of the Korean version of Pocky? It's called Pepero xD

Katajainen
15 Aug 2009, 9:16 am
For your information, comrades: I bought the first (chocolate) Pocky pack of my life yesterday, and opened it minutes ago. They are okay. Not delicious, but good enough to cause the typical snacks-at-hand addiction.

As far as I understand, my Pockies have been manufactured by a Thai subsidiary of Ezaki Glico. Almost all writing on the package is in Thai, so I cannot tell much more.

...What a small pack. Gotta stop now, so I can at least treat my bro to a couple of Pockies.

tainted violets
15 Aug 2009, 1:02 pm
Pocky is nice~ It's something like $3 though so I can't get it every time I go to the store. I always get chocolate, I think the strawberry kind made me want to puke....

wålf-kun
3 Sep 2009, 4:32 pm
I've tasted quite a few different sorts of Pocky, but the favourite would be the original one.

Guess I'll show off my (mostly Chinese) Pocky collection as well; http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f159/Wolflw/DSC01406.jpg

I collect stuff :o

Katajainen
10 Nov 2009, 12:17 am
Oh, almost forgot to mention:

Now testing kiwi fruit Pocky, quite okay. That is my third, the second was dessert Pocky and the first was chocolate Pocky (http://www.animeb.com/forum/417911-post39.html).

These latter packs have writing in hiragana, katakana and kanji (plus very little in latin letters), so I think they have been imported straight from Japan. (I am afraid it may be illegal to sell them without adding basic info stickers in Finnish and Swedish, but you can guess twice whether I am in a hurry to report the importers for that.)

Katajainen
25 Jan 2010, 9:01 am
Bump! Right at the moment, testing apple yogurt Pocky, my fourth.

GSDAkatsuki
25 Jan 2010, 2:05 pm
I'm sad, I think they stopped making chestnut flavor.

Katajainen
3 Jul 2010, 4:48 pm
Tonight's test: milk coffee Pocky. My fifth, and possibly the best flavor so far.

SonicDaMan
3 Jul 2010, 11:57 pm
Am I the only one that doesn't like Milk Coffee Pocky? It tastes too much like instant coffee powder to me. Out of Original, Men's (Dark chocalate), Strawberry, Milk Coffee, and even Dessert Pocky Chocolate Fromage (Chococate ont he outside, cream cheese inside), original is still my favourite.

Katajainen
8 Jul 2010, 6:29 pm
Just tested my sixth: Mont Blanc Chocolate Dessert Pocky. Amidst this hot and moist weather, those thicker sticks actually felt like small cookies. My usual feeling with Pockies is, "I can taste it, but where is the substance?"

HK-47
13 Jul 2010, 2:39 pm
Tasted some chocolate pocky for the first time. I like it! :D

Katajainen
11 Nov 2010, 10:05 am
Forgot to add my seventh on Monday this week: "MILK FLAVOUR". These sticks have been manufactured in Thailand by Thai Glico Co., so there is not even katakana to try and read on the packaging. The taste was average for Pocky, I guess.

Mr.Anderson
20 Nov 2010, 11:48 am
So far I've only had a pocky clone (not bad) and real pocky (as far as I could tell) which was quite good. Though my financial situation has prevented me from buying sweets/candies/desert etc etc..