PDA

View Full Version : Learn japanese...phrases!

Shadowed State of Mind
7 Mar 2005, 8:13 pm
Yes! My first REAL topic in the Love Hina forums. And as a HKSS trainee as well. To show my appreciation and because I simply wish to share my discoveries at times, here's the anime site. But just to save you a bit of time, here's the main attraction:

Right this way! (http://www.animeyume.com/site_features/liljapaneseguide.html)

Kjølen
7 Mar 2005, 8:55 pm
Watashi wa wakaru. :p
Nihongo wa tanoshii, ne?

Basically, I'm saying I already know a tiny bit of Japanese. But not much.

Tucker
7 Mar 2005, 11:06 pm
That will be realyl useful. I haev been wanting to learn some japanese so i could pay more attention to the show instead of reading the subtitles.

BobCat
7 Mar 2005, 11:53 pm
Shinobu-chan wa kawaii desu! ^_^

Japanese is a hard language to learn, for example just counting there's many different ways of counting. It is not just 1,2,3, but a different set of counting numbers if they're cylindrical things, box things, books, etc.

Betong sna
9 Mar 2005, 6:47 pm
Nihongo wa muzukashii desu. Demo, eigo wa totemo muzukashii desu.

Naru Rules
10 Mar 2005, 12:15 am
I have enough trouble learning spanish and go figure im taking japanese in college starting in 2006. Although i dont dedicate myself to spanish, i learn it cuz i have to, whereas i want to learn japanese. Hopefully i do well. Necesito aprender mas espanol hablar con mis amigos en la cocina de el restaurante trabajo en. I know i messed that sentance up big time XD

Kemuri
10 Mar 2005, 5:14 am
I love Japanese language! And even its freakin like a stone... I'll gonna learn it!

Kjølen
10 Mar 2005, 6:33 pm
Nihongo wa muzukashii desu. Demo, eigo wa totemo muzukashii desu.

Hai, eigo wa sugoi muzukashii.

I'm just glad I learned it as a first language. :p Also, that it didn't cripple my ability to learn other languages considering English's unstable nature.

BobCat
11 Mar 2005, 11:32 am
I have enough trouble learning spanish and go figure im taking japanese in college starting in 2006.

Trust me on this: Japanese is MUCH HARDER than Spanish.

Naru Rules
11 Mar 2005, 11:45 am
I know that just from the little japanese i have learned but i dont want to learn spanish so i purposly dont study, dont try, and basically dont care. However when it comes to japanese, i really want to learn so i will study a lot and will try hard. Im determined. :D Right now my pace is a little slow because school and work are kicking my ass but as soon as school slows down approaching summer ill pick up the pace again.

Betong sna
12 Mar 2005, 7:42 am
I've suspended my learning of it a bit to concentrate on my busy school life, but I plan to take Oriental Studies or something along those lines at uni (Oxford, preferably) so I'd pick it up then.

Also, I'd get a year in Japan!

Ryo Misaki
13 Mar 2005, 5:12 am
Trust me on this: Japanese is MUCH HARDER than Spanish.
Is it?

The nice thing about Japanese compared to Eurpoean languages... Is you dont have to bother at all with memorizing Verb conjugation. Its really simple in Japanese...

Anyway...

Anooo... Boku wa Nihongo ga sukoshi hanashimasu... Demo... Boku wa ii ja nai.
Dakara, boku wa bankyo iru!

Pretty good resource, by the way. =Þ

Alex
13 Mar 2005, 9:59 am
Is it?

The nice thing about Japanese compared to Eurpoean languages... Is you dont have to bother at all with memorizing Verb conjugation. Its really simple in Japanese...

Anyway...

Anooo... Boku wa Nihongo ga sukoshi hanashimasu... Demo... Boku wa ii ja nai.
Dakara, boku wa bankyo iru!

Pretty good resource, by the way. =Þ

Depends. If you already speak a European language, Spanish is much easier than Japanese. If you don't, then I have no idea (As I speak English as my only truly fluent language, and so I have not experienced learning Japanese without speaking a European anguage).

English, Spanish, the lot, all influenced by Latin. All use the same (with a few differences) alphabet. All have the same SVO pattern. Japanese has Kanji, SOV pattern, etc.

ShinNoNoir
14 Mar 2005, 7:57 pm
Hey thanks for the link, it's a nice reference. Last year I started audio lesson of japanese (Pimsleur), it was going well until something came up and had no more time to study/pratice it. Anyway i know that i'll get back to it soon :D

Shadowed State of Mind
14 Mar 2005, 9:09 pm
Audio referance? Care to post a link to that?

ShinNoNoir
14 Mar 2005, 10:00 pm
http://www.multilingualbooks.com/pims-japanese.html

Shadowed State of Mind
15 Mar 2005, 1:57 pm
You have to buy them online?! NOOOOOOOOO!! *takes deep breath* NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ShinNoNoir
15 Mar 2005, 11:17 pm
Ano.. Who said anything about buying ;)

Alex
16 Mar 2005, 12:44 pm
Ano.. Who said anything about buying ;)

Exactly.

Whatever you do, don't use these links with an eDonkey2000 compatible client installed.

ed2k://|file|Pimsleur%20Japanese%20I%20--%20complete%2030%20unit--scabiestheclown.rar|627862090|C1A11482773A4A44765E 97965D9D8439|/

ed2k://|file|Pimsleur%20-%20Japanese%20II%20-%20All%2030%20Lessons%20+%20Course%20Text.rar|6750 74822|FEA207D61E1743C54DE1C294B6F7098A|/

ed2k://|file|Pimsleur%20-%20Japanese%20III%20complete%2030%20unit%20REPACK% 20{JanezSlovenec}.rar|402565937|BC0082CA1DB60E748B 840D16694218AB|/

Ryo Misaki
16 Mar 2005, 6:27 pm
Depends. If you already speak a European language, Spanish is much easier than Japanese. If you don't, then I have no idea (As I speak English as my only truly fluent language, and so I have not experienced learning Japanese without speaking a European anguage).

True, true... But, I'm an English speaker... I took about 3 years of French though... But by now I've forgotten nearly all of it because of learning Japanese... XD

I still think most of Japanese is easier than French or something though... The only hardest part of it... is learning the Kanji. >_< (Katakana and Hiragana are challanges... But not nearly as hard.)