PDA

View Full Version : Evangelion Manga!

Betong ┼sna
9 Mar 2005, 7:00 pm
I've come to the conclusion that Neon Genesis Evangelion is the best anime ever made, it being beautiful, and affecting me in a way no programme has ever done before.

Question is, is the manga worth the money and bother? I had a quick flick through it down me local shop the other day, and it seems to be very similar to the anime, really. I know it was based on the anime, which is an unusual thing, really. It's meant to be the other way.

Anyone seen and read both? Is it worth the bother?

Hanku Royiaki
9 Mar 2005, 7:30 pm
I've seen a little of the anime and I'm reading the manga. I compared the two and due to the fact that a LOT of Evangelion is action with a lot of fighting stuff, it looks a lot better in the anime, but the manga gives more artistic detail. If it came between the two...It would depend on what kind of fan someone is. Are they interested in the art? Or the fighting?

Apache Straight
9 Mar 2005, 7:34 pm
Manga is more good for comedic relief. Anime, is better overall. Nuff said. I'm a cheapass so I watched the entire series on desync around september.

Betong ┼sna
9 Mar 2005, 8:09 pm
Aye, the manga looks a bit more lighthearted. I think the soundtrack, and the way the anime was presented (Anno is the best director EVAR!) made it the mind trip that it is. Not sure the manga would have the same quality; I don't see how it could have.

Hanku Royiaki
9 Mar 2005, 9:57 pm
Like I said, if you want action in a series, then watch the anime. The manga did a good job due to the cripples it had, though.

Betong ┼sna
12 Mar 2005, 7:48 am
What cripples would they be?

Hanku Royiaki
13 Mar 2005, 9:20 pm
It has choppy action. The anime was fluent in showing the fights. Do you wanna see a movie of a fight or pictures of it?

ShinNoNoir
14 Mar 2005, 8:44 pm
I loved NGE, so i decided to buy the mangas so that i could bring it with me and watch Shinji get pwn by Asuka <3 <3 :D
But seriously, i've only read 4 of the 8 i bought so that i could make the pleasure last.. And yes it really looks like the anime, load some NGE mp3 on your portable player while reading it and you'll get some flashback, no drugs needed! :P

hinarei
15 Mar 2005, 3:13 am
two words. Yoshiyuki Sadamoto

if they don't get you to buy the manga, nothing will :D

get it in, it's well worth it!

Kemuri
15 Mar 2005, 10:56 am
Who dosent love Evangelion?

Rei! Go Rei! Go Go go Rei! go REI!

hinarei
15 Mar 2005, 4:38 pm
I've got all the anime, and am still collecting the manga after all this time...

it's well worth your time XD

Betong ┼sna
15 Mar 2005, 7:18 pm
Riighht then, I likely will do. Now manga reading is never complete without the OSTs. Anyone?

hinarei
18 Mar 2005, 12:18 pm
what?

the soundtrack's nice, yes... especially if you get the big 7CD Shiro Sagisu boxset... XD

Betong ┼sna
18 Mar 2005, 1:33 pm
I just downloaded and sorted the lot. I deleted the S┬▓ Works though, as there was a lot of repetition, and the rest of the OSTs together seem better to have. Woo!

There's faar too many versions of Fly Me To The Moon, though. We're talking about 25-30. Had to prune them.

XEN gK
19 Mar 2005, 6:11 am
Am I too late to fill in my 2 cent ?
AS with most manga variation of anime, it usaully have more detail then what the animator can fit in a 20 minute episode which need to be produce on a weekly basis.

One of the most memorial scene in the manga to me is at the tomb of Ikari Yuu, after the father and son have their dialog we see Rei in the air transport waiting for the father. In the manga it explain and descript why Rei is waiting for him and what is she thinking about Shinji who was left behind at the graveyard.

anyway, WHY IS THERE SO MANY REI AND ASUKA FANBOY IN all Eva topic ?! I am Hikari Fanboy ! Gotta love the class moderator, give me a bento of love too please ! :love:

BTW, Evangelion Iron Girl Friend 2nd have reach book 4 in japanese.
To those who are unsure what this manga is about, 2nd GF is an alternative world for Eva based on Shinji's version of happy life in last episode of Eva.
*Note* I found it disturbing to see a overly happy and bakaish Ayanami Rei in the manga but it is nice to see Kaoru still alive and become close(?) friend with Shinji.

Betong ┼sna
19 Mar 2005, 8:51 pm
Kaoru - god, I've forgotten which one he is...

Oh, and I've decided I will buy the manga, so woo! Cheers, everyone!

XEN gK
20 Mar 2005, 3:38 am
Kaoru the silver haired 5th pilot also the last Angel.
The relationship between Kaoru and shinjin in 2nd GF boarders on Yaoi, but nothing a normal otaku can not stomach yet. lol

Wolfie
20 Mar 2005, 11:21 am
heh....I┬┤ve seen abit of it today, after I bought and read the three first volumes :D
In general I like manga better....but I┬┤ve seen to ep 08 and only read three volumes so it┬┤s kinda off.....but I like it alot, and the opening theme is pretty good :D