Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram
Sign Up
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    King Awesomely Awesomeness Aniki's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Location
    Somewhereville
    Posts
    2,993
    Points
    16,900.53

    Cool Good Evening Gents and Woman-Gents

    Seeing as how we've lost almost all contact within our close knit circle of acquaintances I say we take this opportunity to talk about ourselves and what exactly we've been up to over the past few years.

    I for one have just started college and I can wholeheartedly say I hate the crap out of it. I dislike my major, the people are animals out for blood, the food is highly overpriced and I hate having to walk so damn much.

    Now I do wish you will all share in your hopefully more wondrous lives.
    Should remember what happened the last time Balmung had the power to change my name.
    ^Buttface


  2. #2
    Aniki is my King 'Silas's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,162
    Points
    -335,901.92
    Cool thread, let me fill you in on what I've been up to.

    I've been attending a pre-school to the music conservatory for 1½ year now, and here in January, more specifically 18th - 25th, I'll have my entrance exams. I'm applying as a composer. If it doesn't go well, I still have one more year at the pre-school, so I'm not so stressed out about it. Also I think that if I don't get in at all, I'll just study languages, which I'm also very interested in.

    Other than that I've not been up to much. I'm playing a bit too much computer on the side, terraria and starcraft 2, but I think I'm gonna step up my game in this new year, and study even more.

  3. #3
    Former Evangeline Shinso-Chan Suigintou's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,557
    Points
    12,692.76
    Blog Entries
    2
    wow..... The music conservatory.... Good luck man!!! I know quite a few people who tried to get in but was rejected... So BEST OF LUCK from me.

    Anway.... Lots of stuff happened to me after I left animeb for the first time.... and returned for the 8th ^^...

    HTX (Higher Technical Examination) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_...rogramme_(HTX)
    HF (Higher Preparatory Examination) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_...amination_(HF)

    I decided to drop out from HTX after my 2nd year and go for a 2 year HF instead. Now I completed that and nothing happend besides I got myself a job as Web Assistant.
    I'm aiming to become a Multimedia Designer which I will apply for this year.

    Another project of mine http://scandiclegends.com
    I've started a fansite for the game LoL and hope to earn a little money on the site. (It's targetting scandinavians mainly but everbody is welcome to join) If it proves to become a huge succes I would love if I could live just from earning money on ads. (Which one of my close friends succeded - DAMN HIM)

    Former:

  4. #4
    Aniki is my King 'Silas's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,162
    Points
    -335,901.92
    Quote Originally Posted by Suigintou View Post
    wow..... The music conservatory.... Good luck man!!! I know quite a few people who tried to get in but was rejected... So BEST OF LUCK from me.

    Anway.... Lots of stuff happened to me after I left animeb for the first time.... and returned for the 8th ^^...

    HTX (Higher Technical Examination) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_...rogramme_(HTX)
    HF (Higher Preparatory Examination) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_...amination_(HF)

    I decided to drop out from HTX after my 2nd year and go for a 2 year HF instead. Now I completed that and nothing happend besides I got myself a job as Web Assistant.
    I'm aiming to become a Multimedia Designer which I will apply for this year.

    Another project of mine http://scandiclegends.com
    I've started a fansite for the game LoL and hope to earn a little money on the site. (It's targetting scandinavians mainly but everbody is welcome to join) If it proves to become a huge succes I would love if I could live just from earning money on ads. (Which one of my close friends succeded - DAMN HIM)
    Thanks I have a good feeling about applying, but we'll see how it all works out. Where do you study Multimedia design? Wish you luck as well with it

    I was wondering if you could provide some details on how much he makes on the forum ads, and how many daily visits you need to have a decent income. And maybe also a link to the forum

  5. #5
    Aniki is my King hinarei's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Location
    in a box beside Su's bed
    Posts
    20,291
    Points
    25,582.26
    Blog Entries
    264
    walking around with a sandwich board might be the way to go

    As for what I've been up to: I've more or less dropped my online presence over the last year or so. I only visit here and contribute occasionally to Danbooru, so browsing for the sake of it has taken a much bigger chunk of my time lately.

    I've had a rough year at work, after we acquired another company to more or less double our size. Getting them connected and merged into our company has been a real chore. Nothing's ever worked out right and good intentions and much-needed investments in the network have not quite brought the dividends we've expected. Hopefully now the other lot have been completely connected to our satisfaction things may get easier, though I doubt it, now we have to support more than 1000 people.

    This year I intend to get my Cisco quals at long last. I've got all the books, I have all the training software and stuff, but need the time to study and complete the exams

    Good luck on all fronts to everyone who's posted or has yet to post here

  6. #6
    Former Evangeline Shinso-Chan Suigintou's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,557
    Points
    12,692.76
    Blog Entries
    2
    Oh... Good Luck with your Cisco quals - I did a few test myself when I studied to become a IT-supporter... I managed to get some great grades but never completed the course.... I know the main course should be very hard to achieve so best luck from me... ファイト(Fight-oh)

    as for the dude I know who made a living of ads only... I'm pretty sure it all started with gas prizes in germany.... then his site got shitload of visits and and people wanted their ads on his site (one of the most known in germany at that point) and now he helps with some other kind of commercial plans which earns him money enough for living. I don't know what the site name is though and it might even be dead by now.

    Former:

  7. #7
    ☼Pepe☼'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Parañaque
    Posts
    9,518
    Points
    95,210.79
    This is a great thread, Aniki. Kudos to you for thinking it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
    Seeing as how we've lost almost all contact within our close knit circle of acquaintances I say we take this opportunity to talk about ourselves and what exactly we've been up to over the past few years.

    I for one have just started college and I can wholeheartedly say I hate the crap out of it. I dislike my major, the people are animals out for blood, the food is highly overpriced and I hate having to walk so damn much.

    Now I do wish you will all share in your hopefully more wondrous lives.
    Geez, if it's that bad, perhaps you should change your major. Find a good balance between what you like doing and what you're good at (and if it makes you money, that's great too!) The rest seem like minor things which I guess you would be able to put up with

    Quote Originally Posted by ´Silæs View Post
    Cool thread, let me fill you in on what I've been up to.

    I've been attending a pre-school to the music conservatory for 1½ year now, and here in January, more specifically 18th - 25th, I'll have my entrance exams. I'm applying as a composer. If it doesn't go well, I still have one more year at the pre-school, so I'm not so stressed out about it. Also I think that if I don't get in at all, I'll just study languages, which I'm also very interested in.

    Other than that I've not been up to much. I'm playing a bit too much computer on the side, terraria and starcraft 2, but I think I'm gonna step up my game in this new year, and study even more.
    Great to see that you're really dedicated to your music Good luck to you with that!

    Quote Originally Posted by hinarei View Post
    This year I intend to get my Cisco quals at long last. I've got all the books, I have all the training software and stuff, but need the time to study and complete the exams

    Good luck on all fronts to everyone who's posted or has yet to post here
    Oh hey, you're working on Cisco? Nice We had all 4 CCNA topics as part of our college curriculum, so I decided to get myself a CCNA certification after that. Well, I don't use it much since I am more focused on Software Development, but I learned lots of great stuff with that


    As for me, I've just graduated from college months ago (and to think, I first joined this place when I was friggen' High School! ) and have started working as a Software Engineer. It's pretty fun so far, though I would kind of like to learn more about computer science theory, so it's definitely part of my plans to get a Master's degree in the future.

    I've also been very much preoccupied with IRL social life (arcade buds, girlfriend, etc) so I guess that's another reason why I haven't been on much the past few years. As it is, most of my online time has been eaten up through social networking. I really miss going to forums like these (and the other one's I've been to are pretty meh) so I decided to pull myself back in here

  8. #8
    Aniki is my King 'Silas's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,162
    Points
    -335,901.92
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
    Now see there being a composer is damn cool, I wish I had just a small amount of musical talent in any respect but alas I'm stuck being the one having to listen to music instead. Don't forget to mention all of us as your inspiration for when you become famous Silas!
    Ha ha ha I'll have a long speech about all my sources of inspiration if I one day win some sort of prize. If you want you could check out some of my music, granted you don't have bad taste in music, in which you won't like it DD

    http://www.youtube.com/user/SalRosenskjold
    http://soundcloud.com/silasalj

  9. #9
    Aniki is my King Shinobu Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2004
    Location
    B.C, Canada
    Posts
    908
    Points
    10,278.44
    Blog Entries
    2
    Uni, still uni... I'm third year, almost 4th year. D: Very sad story. So slowly trucking on. Sighhhh.
    Getting my first (technically second) apartment that isn't full of roommates, but this time
    Last edited by Shinobu Angel; 24 Feb 2014 at 2:48 am.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Shittingway View Post
    An entire month to write 2 words?


  10. #10
    Hinata-Sou Resident BobCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2004
    Posts
    15,516
    Points
    6,224.01
    Blog Entries
    1
    Went back to school to update my skills. I'm in my last semester in a master's in project management (paid for by scholarship) and will be looking for work again. One more month to go. Interviews going well, have a couple of companies that may want to hire me.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 am.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.