Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram
Sign Up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    Hinata-Sou Resident BobCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2004
    Posts
    15,516
    Points
    6,224.01
    Blog Entries
    1

    Post For LH brigades who are inactive

    For the remaining members of certain brigades like the Motoko Brigade, Naru Brigade, ASR, etc.

    You guys need to recruit new members, and do it quickly.

    So those leaders or officers who have brigade secret room password, please pass it around to those other members of your brigades who you deem
    trustworthy.

    If your brigade's leadership if absent, PM me and I MAY give you the password for the brigade secret room so you can revive your brigade.

    I really don't like seeing a pattern where a brigade gets six tons of activity before the subforum is granted, and then afterwards, the brigade membership disappears.

    [edit: removed the last two parts of this original post]

  2. #2
    Aniki is my King 'Silas's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,157
    Points
    -335,965.93
    First of all...
    I have to admit I don't see why we should go hunting for new brigade members. We see like 2 people a month writing these "I'm new" threads in the "welcome and farewells" forum, meaning that we have like 2 people a month joining.
    Apart from that, having looked at different people's signatures and memberships, it seems to me that only half of the people we have at the forum are Love Hina fans. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with this at all. I am just sick and tired of this "post now, come on post, post damn it" chase after people who don't post every day in their brigade.
    But I suppose that what you want us to do, is to seek people at other forums to come and join our forum with the sole purpose of joining our brigade?
    I have to admit I don't see why it is not okay to have some brigades with a very high post rate and some with a very low or perhaps dead post rate. This is not caused because people don't care about their brigade, but I mean... What would you want to post? Sure I am a fan of Mutsumi, but it is not like I have a zillion things to discuss about her. I have heard the opinions and had the conversations with other Mutsumi fans, that I wanted to have. And if I should ever think, perhaps while re-reading Love Hina.. "That is funny, what do you guys think about this?" Then I would ask in my brigade!
    But I won't post just because there needs to be activity. Surely if there came a new brigade war or a new member, I would post. But why is it a "MUST" for me to post all the time?

    True, there are some brigades that could be considered more or less dead, but you know what. This is not because people are tired of the brigade or the character, but we just don't have more things to discuss about him/her right now.
    At first look the HKSS seems more active than all the other brigades. But maybe that is just because Shinobu is more popular than Naru. And I mean, what do you want us to do about it? And WHY must we do something about it? Can't it just be acceptable that sometimes there is a lot of activity in a brigade, and sometimes there ain't.

    If it is the case that it is not acceptable for a brigade to not be active all the time, it will become a war on activity instead of a genuine interest in a character or a subject. If this is an attempt for me to post more in my brigades, it is not working. I post when I have something to talk about, regarding that character, when there is some change in how the brigade works or something similar. Also I decided to create an event in the Kitsune brigade, to take the pulse on the activity, and yes it seemed kinda dead.
    But maybe we should wait for a few months, and maybe two or three new kitsune fans have joined, and suddenly there is activity again.

    But I am not gonna spend time hunting for members because YOU find it necessary for all other brigades to be as active as your fantastic HKSS.
    A part of me wants to start a protest against you because you always act like a cop, bashing us all because the forum is not like you want it. But on the other hand, you also a lot of good stuff, so for the time being I won't.

  3. #3
    Kze Li Sze Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Location
    Okinawa with Mutsumi
    Posts
    4,048
    Points
    39,430.75
    Actually a lot of people who come in here dont post in the Welcome and Farewell, they just get to other parts of this site.

    I know i did when i joined it took me 4-5 months before i made a hello thread in there.

  4. #4
    Aniki is my King 'Silas's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,157
    Points
    -335,965.93
    But you still notice them, because there is suddenly a new username or avatar or something

  5. #5
    Kze Li Sze Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Location
    Okinawa with Mutsumi
    Posts
    4,048
    Points
    39,430.75
    true and in the past month ive seen a good 8-10 members join this forum.

  6. #6
    Kze Li Sze Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Location
    Okinawa with Mutsumi
    Posts
    4,048
    Points
    39,430.75
    I think what needs to be done is the leadership of each brigade, whether its new or old, to order a ROLL CALL.

    send a message to every member in their brigade to report in and who ever doesnt report, remove them from the ranks, that way we know how many members we actually have in each brigade.

    I just got done viewing the ranks for the Naru brigade, theres gotta be atleast 20 names in there. But how many are actually still here? probably less than half of those names.

    I know for a fact the KamikazeCommie is gone. MoonRomance is at KawaiiHeavens with Kiatsu.

    The problem is we have lost alot of out leadership out here and members stop coming. We need updated ranks, rejuvenated activities and better leadership.

  7. #7
    ExPhail wlf-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Location
    Drontheim
    Posts
    3,361
    Points
    29,372.63
    I've not been here for a long time, but I can still see some of the problem with brigades being abandoned, getting maybe a post or two a week, or sometimes no activity at it all. I anyway agree with SilasJ that every brigade will proceed in their own pace, and that it's no point in trying to push activity, as some characters/brigades are just having a slow period at the moment.
    ...and a hopeful new year!

  8. #8
    Aniki is my King 'Silas's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,157
    Points
    -335,965.93
    It is true what you say about a status report, but there is a big difference between asking for a frequent status report, and what Bobcat is doing now

  9. #9
    Hinata-Sou Resident BobCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2004
    Posts
    15,516
    Points
    6,224.01
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasJ View Post
    But I am not gonna spend time hunting for members because YOU find it necessary for all other brigades to be as active as your fantastic HKSS.
    I don't "find it necessary" for this to be.

    If you don't want your brigades to be active, that's fine with me.

    I don't want the HKSS to be so dominant, that this becomes the HKSS forum. I want other forums to give the HKSS a run for the money. At one point, the Army of the Su Repubic and the Naru Brigades ran rings around us. I liked that period, it encouraged ALL members to do their best.

    A part of me wants to start a protest against you because you always act like a cop, bashing us all because the forum is not like you want it. But on the other hand, you also a lot of good stuff, so for the time being I won't.
    No, I don't bash anyone because the forum is not like I want it.

    I'd love to see more members here. If they like Love hina, fine. If not, fine.

    What I've done is give lots of resources for brigades to find new members in the brigade secret room. There's really no excuse for a brigade here (LH or non-LH) to be dying or dead. There's plenty of people out there to keep all of them going.

    Instead of attacking me for attempting to wake up dormant or dying brigades, why not take advantage of all the resources I have provided and help them rock?

    My post was not a :WHOMP: or a criticism or a knock down of the other brigades who are dying or not active. It was more of a wake up call.

    Of course, you all are free to ignore me and continue the status quo. It is no skin off my back.

    I just wanted to help.

    I realized my original post may have come off sounding kinda like a kick in the pants, but that's not what I intended.

  10. #10
    Aniki is my King 'Silas's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,157
    Points
    -335,965.93
    I don't "find it necessary" for this to be.
    If you don't want your brigades to be active, that's fine with me.
    You are missing the point, intentionally or not.
    I also want the brigades to be active, but they should be active because of a natural development of members. Not because people have used the "tools" that you have given them. The latter one is just an artifical way of having activity. It may work at first, because there are is a more or less flow of new members joining, but eventually it will fail. If it is all about doing your best to keep a brigade active, and posting as much as possible, then the whole point of having a brigade failed.

    I want other forums to give the HKSS a run for the money.
    This is exactly the attitude that I've been talking about. Although you say that we're all free to ignore you and continue status quo. This is all a mater of posting as much as possible and having big brigades to you.

    I liked that period, it encouraged ALL members to do their best.
    To do their best at what? Posting as much as possible, spending hours to come up with threads you could create. Spend hours hunting for members at other forums so one's own brigade could become the biggest one?

    I see you wisely enough removed the part of your post, where your true opinion was stated. That there is a side of you that just wants to remove all the brigades that are dying or dead.

    If you only dare think it, and can't be honest with us about what you think about the way brigade works. If you're very strict on watching a brigade's activity, before you give it a subforum.
    Consider this: You wonder so much why a lot of brigades become less active after getting a subforum. Perhaps it is because we need to spend so much posting and creating topics in that brigade, that in a few weeks, all the stuff we could possibly come up with about the topic of the brigade, has been used. And now because we had to more active than we wanted, in order to make you happy, when the brigade is finally created, it dies.
    Perhaps if you had just given us the subforum when we still had a huge interest in the topic, and not after we had spent days posting just to please you, the interest would have survived after the subforum was granted.
    But to get to what I wrote before this, if you feel that brigades are like, a war between each other, and that everyone should do their best to try and keep their brigade the most active one. I have to admit that I don't find you suitable for the modship of the brigades in general.


    And finally, at least be honest with us...

    1. post : "You guys need to recruit new members, and do it quickly.

    So those leaders or officers who have brigade secret room password, please pass it around to those other members of your brigades who you deem
    trustworthy. "

    2. post: "I don't "find it necessary" for this to be.

    If you don't want your brigades to be active, that's fine with me."

  11. #11
    Hinata-Sou Resident BobCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2004
    Posts
    15,516
    Points
    6,224.01
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasJ View Post
    You are missing the point, intentionally or not.
    I also want the brigades to be active, but they should be active because of a natural development of members. Not because people have used the "tools" that you have given them. The latter one is just an artifical way of having activity. It may work at first, because there are is a more or less flow of new members joining, but eventually it will fail. If it is all about doing your best to keep a brigade active, and posting as much as possible, then the whole point of having a brigade failed.
    Well, if you don't recruit, then people move on and the brigades die. This is a fact.
    There are lots of times I've seen members try to register only to have no response to the registration because people abandoned the brigade.


    I see you wisely enough removed the part of your post, where your true opinion was stated. That there is a side of you that just wants to remove all the brigades that are dying or dead.
    More like I removed the part that was being misinterpreted.


    If you only dare think it, and can't be honest with us about what you think about the way brigade works.
    I am honest with you about how a brigade works. The problem is that people go away, move on to other animes, or just plain quit.


    If you're very strict on watching a brigade's activity, before you give it a subforum.
    Well, I can't see the future. If I could, I could make a fortune in the stock market, now could i?

    To do their best at what? Posting as much as possible, spending hours to come up with threads you could create. Spend hours hunting for members at other forums so one's own brigade could become the biggest one?
    Simple. When there were other brigades that had a bunch of members and lots of activity, it was great. This is not the same what you're saying.


    Consider this: You wonder so much why a lot of brigades become less active after getting a subforum. Perhaps it is because we need to spend so much posting and creating topics in that brigade, that in a few weeks, all the stuff we could possibly come up with about the topic of the brigade, has been used. And now because we had to more active than we wanted, in order to make you happy, when the brigade is finally created, it dies.
    Then what you are saying is that people are faking it. So I should just increase the standards for a subforum. But then that means more faking.

    So basically you're saying we should have no more subforums.

    Perhaps if you had just given us the subforum when we still had a huge interest in the topic, and not after we had spent days posting just to please you, the interest would have survived after the subforum was granted
    Nope. Because if you were willing to fake it to get the brigade, then there this statement of yours is false.


    But to get to what I wrote before this, if you feel that brigades are like, a war between each other,
    Which I don't believe that brigades are a war between each other.


    "You guys need to recruit new members, and do it quickly.

    So those leaders or officers who have brigade secret room password, please pass it around to those other members of your brigades who you deem
    trustworthy. "
    So in other words, all the work I do to help out the brigades is just crappola and 100% totally unappreciated. Thanks SilasJ, you really know how to be appreciative of hard work.

    So since you're such a PhD in everything SilasJ, you come up with some ideas on how to make your brigades better. My ideas totally suck, according to you, so you must therefore must have greater ideas.

    Saying the current way of doing things sucks without providing solutions is meaningless blather. Show me solutions, SilasJ.

  12. #12
    Kze Li Sze Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Location
    Okinawa with Mutsumi
    Posts
    4,048
    Points
    39,430.75
    im not asking for a frequent status report from each brigade, just an updated ranks for all the brigades.

    i havent seen any new activity from anyone in the Naru Brigade, ASR or UTGF is quite some time, i mean a post or two is nice, but i mean its alot worse than that. No updated rosters, no one has heard from any of the brigade leaders in over a month in serveral brigades.

    I mean you took over the Kitsune Brigade, right? Who was the orginal leader, where is he at? Where is Betong to run the Naru Brigade? Ryo has been gone for almost 2 months and now Keiranto is taking care of that, which is good because i was gonna abadon my moderator in the Negima Forums and come help out the Motoko Brigade, but with new leadership i can sit on the sidelines and help out.

    Kai En is back and i plan on helping him rock with the GHK.

  13. #13
    Aniki is my King 'Silas's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,157
    Points
    -335,965.93
    I mean you took over the Kitsune Brigade, right? Who was the orginal leader, where is he at? Where is
    Well the original leader was Apache straight, or whatever he changed his name to before he left , and I have already spoken to him. He is not coming back. And the ranks you keep asking for, are where they have always been. The first post in the Kitsune Brigade thread.

    Anyhow.

    Simple. When there were other brigades that had a bunch of members and lots of activity, it was great. This is not the same what you're saying.
    Well.. I was simply guessing on what you encouraged people to do their best at, just as you wrote...
    I liked that period, it encouraged ALL members to do their best.
    Then what you are saying is that people are faking it. So I should just increase the standards for a subforum. But then that means more faking.

    So basically you're saying we should have no more subforums.
    You are not getting what I say... What I mean is.. In order to get a subforum, people need to be very active. Therefore people will post more than they usually do, which is causing the artificial niveau rate of posts, and so when the subforum is granted, people will go back to their normal status.
    I think you need to look more specifically at each brigade, instead of setting up a standard number of members and rate of activity.

    So in other words, all the work I do to help out the brigades is just crappola and 100% totally unappreciated. Thanks SilasJ, you really know how to be appreciative of hard work.
    A part of me wants to start a protest against you because you always act like a cop, bashing us all because the forum is not like you want it. But on the other hand, you also a lot of good stuff, so for the time being I won't.
    As you can see, this is no the case...


    So since you're such a PhD in everything SilasJ, you come up with some ideas on how to make your brigades better. My ideas totally suck, according to you, so you must therefore must have greater ideas.

    Saying the current way of doing things sucks without providing solutions is meaningless blather. Show me solutions, SilasJ.
    You are missing the entire point. Read the very first thing I write

    First of all...
    I have to admit I don't see why we should go hunting for new brigade members.
    The whole point is. I don't see a reason why we must become more active, and why I have to come up with a better solution. What you write only confirms my theory that you feel it is necessary we find a solution to this problem, even though you write both:

    Of course, you all are free to ignore me and continue the status quo. It is no skin off my back.

    I just wanted to help.
    Saying the current way of doing things sucks without providing solutions is meaningless blather. Show me solutions, SilasJ.
    I don't see a problem with the current situation, and therefore I don't have a solution.

  14. #14
    Hinata-Sou Resident BobCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2004
    Posts
    15,516
    Points
    6,224.01
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasJ View Post
    You are not getting what I say... What I mean is.. In order to get a subforum, people need to be very active.
    OK, I think I see what is going on. I'm not clear on what I mean by "active"

    What I meant by "active" member is that the member is active in the FORUM not necessarily active in the brigade.

    No wonder there's lots of "artificial brigade activity" - I wasn't clear on this.

    So I'll make the change in the FAQ making this clarification.

  15. #15
    Aniki is my King 'Silas's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,157
    Points
    -335,965.93
    Oh!!
    The beauty of not understanding each other
    Then I do agree with you Bobcat

    And sorry if I went a little bit too hard on you

  16. #16
    Hinata-Sou Resident BobCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2004
    Posts
    15,516
    Points
    6,224.01
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yup, two people seperated by a common language ^_^

    Apology accepted

  17. #17
    Aniki is my King hinarei's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Location
    in a box beside Su's bed
    Posts
    20,292
    Points
    25,582.26
    Blog Entries
    264
    the way I see it, it's like this:

    In the ASR, we quite often have dips and peaks in activity. At the moment, a steady couple of posts per day is coming in, a few weeks ago, we were the most active Brigade in here.

    Activity on a high scale is unsustainable for many reasons: one, I don't have all that many ideas, two, when I do get them I think about them too much and they end up worthless, three, people go off and do other stuff in the middle of activity which kinda means it tails off, and four... there are no wars o_O

    When we tried kicking off against the Naru Brigade last time, there was activity. True, we got shouted down, and we hadn't planned anything, and I hummed and hawwed over taking the ASR into battle, which kinda stole the impetus and it ended up half-hearted... so the activity tailed off. Besides, what with the tangled web of alliances and people in multiple Brigades, things might not work.

    I despise Naru and would lead the ASR against the Naru Brigade at the drop of a hat, if I had support behind me, but my Major is also a Naru fan and might defect, and in any case, I'm in the Kitsune Brigade, which, despite my best efforts is allied with the Naru Brigade - seeing as how she's Naru's best friend - so I'd have to break from the Sake and Banana Club alliance... friendships would be torn asunder.

    Don't pressure us to get active, matey. You know it won't work. I know you're not having a go, and understand where you're coming from, but I work (in the time I'm not running the ASR and falling over in the Kitsune Brigade bar) in an office, and know just how hard people will grip onto phrasing like "...and quickly" if they want to

    Still, it'll give us a kick up the jacksie in any case, which is no bad thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Crono View Post
    [...]pretty epic in terms of epicness

  18. #18
    With Ayaka Rasberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2005
    Location
    With Ayaka, Naru, Mutsumi
    Posts
    3,434
    Points
    31,498.14
    I basically am the Naru brigade.....

    now the reason the ranks have never been cleared (and yes i agree they need to be) is because i am not in charge there and that is one thing that has always been done...

    there is a reason that the Naru brigade declined, but instead of mentioning names and pointing fingers i agree that yes the brigade needs to become more active.

    The ASR is active. The utgf is active, to a point.... seeing that most posts are really tama chan brigade....

    as for Naru.. well i will have to work on it, but i am not leader and the leader is not here and even if he turns up at times he always misses the brigade anyways! but then again he is active enough to claim leadership... maybee it is time for him to be reminded XD

  19. #19
    Newbie Quiet_Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17
    Points
    170.00
    I think what needs to be done is the leadership of each brigade, whether its new or old, to order a ROLL CALL.

    send a message to every member in their brigade to report in and who ever doesnt report, remove them from the ranks, that way we know how many members we actually have in each brigade.
    You know i've been thinking, when are we going to do that?

  20. #20
    Hinata-Sou Resident BobCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2004
    Posts
    15,516
    Points
    6,224.01
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasberry View Post
    as for Naru.. well i will have to work on it, but i am not leader and the leader is not here and even if he turns up at times he always misses the brigade anyways! but then again he is active enough to claim leadership... maybee it is time for him to be reminded XD
    A leader who abandons his/her brigade is not a leader and should be replaced.

    Or :WHOMP: into smithereens

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 3:06 am.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.